Our aim is to empower people with Learning Difficulties and their carers to speak up and express their views about the services that matter to them and contribute to the development and improvement of these services.
Who is involved and who will benefit?
A network for people who have a Learning Difficulty or Disability, and want to talk about the things that matter to them. It is also for people who want to help make services better for people with Learning Disabilities. Want to join us? Contact us to find out more.
We have an immediate need for a Social Media Volunteer to support the development and maintenance of the Wandsworth Learning Difficulties & Learning Disabilities Network (WLDN) social media channels.
Please see Role Description: LD Social Media Volunteer
If you are interested in this position please email your CV and cover letter to, LDProject@wandcareall.org.uk or call Lukasz Biryckion 020 8516 7764.
Why - what are the aims of the project?
- To encourage and enable people with Learning Difficulties to speak up and express their views about the services that matter to them.
- To ensure the service user voice is heard, listened to and acted upon by commissioners and service providers.
- To contribute to the improvement and development of health and social care services, for people who have learning difficulties.
- To build skills and confidence amongst people with Learning Difficulties.
- To reduce Social isolation amongst people with Learning Difficulties.
- To Reduce discrimination and challenge negative public perception of people with Learning Difficulties.
If you would like more information or want to send us your views on health and social care services, contact us!
We do this by meeting to discuss matters, share information and gather feedback.
The project then supports Service User Representatives to take this information to the borough wide Partnership Board, Wandsworth Health Action Group and other relevant forums.
Data and privacy notice
If you requested information from us by email or post we will upload the information and details on an Excel spreadsheet on the company server of Wandsworth Care Alliance and password protected. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list, update your details or find out what information we hold at any time by contacting us.
Although we will never share your personal information with a third party, we may provide Wandsworth and Richmond Borough Councils and other government bodies with summarised and anonymised information about our members from time to time.
Any information provided to us on this form will be used anonymously, paper copies are stored in a locked cabinet at our offices. Data will be stored on our office server for the purpose of writing reports.