PLUS Project Training
Webinar: Introduction to Universal Credit during Coronavirus
- Thursday 14th May - 15.00 - 16.30
- Thursday 28th May - 15:00 - 16:30
The first of our free PLUS Project funded webinar courses is confirmed as “Introduction to Universal Credit during Coronavirus”.
Introduction to Universal Credit during Coronavirus
The Coronavirus has caused unprecedented financial disruption to many people’s lives and caused record levels of claims for the primary welfare benefit – Universal Credit
This course explains the basic principles of Universal Credit, the primary qualifying conditions, the application process, how it relates to other Welfare Benefits, and the basics of its calculation and payment. All the special measures introduced by the Government in response to the Coronavirus are included.
The aim of this webinar is to explain how Universal Credit supports people in financial need during the pandemic and is aimed at advisors with limited experience and knowledge of UC.
The following areas are covered:
- The role of Universal Credit in the Welfare State
- The basic qualifying conditions
- The application process and assessment periods
- An explanation of the allowances and elements
- The calculation of income and capital
- The basic calculation
- The benefit cap
- Payments, advance payments and alternative payment arrangements
There are a total of 18 places available on each webinar session.
Spaces will initially be limited to 1 per organisation on a first-come-first-served basis to benefit a wider group of participants.
Plus Project Training Team